Bed & Breakfast Project
Our goal is to purchase a bed & breakfast in South Africa that can be used as a self-sustaining ministry base as well as provide job opportunities and business training to our youth.
Bed & Breakfast Project Goals
- Our main goal is to intentionally and holistically grow and train leaders (from vulnerable backgrounds) to become self sustaining so that they can provide for their families and carry the gospel to unreached people
- It will serve as a ministry base for holistic intentional discipleship of our gap year leaders living on site
- It will allow us to host and facilitate training workshops for leadership and ministry training for lay leaders
- It will provide income generation for our staff and students
- It will allow us to hire students that are in transition and help them save and come up with a plan to become self sustaining in their work and ministry
- It will all facilitate training in craft related income generation projects
- It will allow us to offer certification in hospitality and culinary arts
- It will allow us to start tourist ministry- hosting mission teams and taking guests to see the Kruger Park, but also offer a local village experience.
- It will be a place we can facilitate team planning and debrief sessions for Awana and youth events we do throughout the region
- It will allow us to help vulnerable students society has considered worthless and give them a hope and a future
We are estimating this project will allow us to offer:
- 17 jobs (B&B, craft production, tourism/ logistics) at any given time to our students in need
- Host an average of 12 full time interns (Gap Year students in Intensive Discipleship training program
- Offer certified culinary arts and hospitality training program to local students in need of work. They will do practical hands on training along with discipleship training.
Details about the place
- Two adjacent properties, one owner: 2 houses and a flat.
- The flat has 2 bedrooms and 1 bathroom.
- House 1 has 4 bedrooms. 1 is en-suite with 1 and a half bathrooms, lounge, kitchen, lapa and swimming pool. There is also a very big garage of 80sqm. Which could be used as storage, crafts of 2 additional rooms.
- House 2 has 7 bedrooms, 5 en-suite, 2 share a bathroom, lounge, kitchen, washroom, swimming pool, lapa, staff quarters, store room.
- Not selling because of financial reasons but because owner is older and her children want her be more relaxed.
- Excellent for HOA skills development.
- Not at maximum capacity as far as guests, not on air B&B or VRBO, but on bookings.com
- The land for the one property is 2700sqm.
- Cost to Purchase- $310,430 Total- ($300,000 for two lots- Registered 7 bedrooom B&B and lot with the 4 bedroom house with 2 bedroom apartment, and two car garage).
The value Paulette projected for a purchasing price is R1,800,000 (Lot 1) and R2,400,000 (Lot 2)= R4,200,000 ($300,000). The paperwork another $10,430 for the actual property purchase (but will verify if that is each lot because it looks like its based on a purchasing price of R2,500,000).
Operation Costs: $63,000 (Budget attached- costs of operation, taxes, staff salaries, security, other assets, and maintenance)
Market: mostly South African business people that come regularly,
Fees- $38 to $41 per night ($264 for 7 days)
(Competitors are there for Air B&B at this price, but this B&B with price range, much closer to plaza and get easily accessible to library and a walk away from downtown shops).
Location: Located 5 mi from Kruger National Park and surrounded by several nature reserves, Bezuidenhout Guest House features an outdoor pool and Braai facilities. It offers air-conditioned accommodations with tiled floors and wooden furnishings.
Rooms: The rooms are equipped with a TV, electric kettle and a fridge. Each room has a desk and a private bathroom. The cottages have self-catering facilities, a seating area with a sofa and a BBQ.
Breakfast: A full English breakfast is served daily. Local restaurants, shops and banking facilities are located a 10-minute walk away.
Local attractions: include hiking in the surrounding nature reserves and game drives in Kruger National Park. The Swaziland border is 17 mi away and the Mozambique border is 31 mi away. Krokodilpoort Nature Reserve is a 40 minute drive away. Kruger Mpumalanga International Airport is a 1-hour drive away by car. An airport shuttle is available upon request.
Solo travelers in particular like the location – they rated it 9.2 for a one-person stay.